Monday, March 3, 2014

The Beginning

I decided to start this blog in order to chronicle the journey of health and nutrition our family has recently set out on.

Four months ago, my husband and I had our first baby, and during the course of my pregnancy I gained almost 50 pounds.  Maybe my it was my steady diet of fast food, Cherry Coke, and nightly bowl of ice cream? Or maybe it was just the baby who decided he needed 50 extra pounds of cushion to stay comfortable in there?  Either way, while we were pregnant, my husband also gained an "undisclosed" amount of weight that he is not too proud of either.  (and just for the record, even though we went around saying "we're pregnant" ...it was only me who was actually pregnant, but somehow my trashy diet and lack of energy took its toll on my husband's waistline as well)

When our baby was about 8 weeks old I decided not to return to my cushy cubicle job that included an hour long commute and instead stay at home with our new baby.  As things with the baby slowed down, I began to feel that by not immediately returning to work I had been given an opportunity to explore the area of nutrition, something neither my husband nor I had ever seriously considered.  In this blog, I am hoping to share what we've been learning and doing...and how it is (or isn't) working!




No comments:

Post a Comment